Monday, June 18, 2007

Could I actually like Cool Caribbean???






This is a super quick one layer bridal shower card. My thought in using Cool Caribbean for them was to get rid of the stuff. (I only had what was in the assorted color packs I bought last July, but have only used one sheet ahead of this!) But, now that they're done I really like Cool Caribbean for this card. I think, in conjunction with the white, that it looks very "Tiffanyish", if I can make that a word.



Stamps: Baroque Motifs, Sincere Salutations; Card Stock: Cool Caribbean; Ink: Whisper White Craft, Cool Caribbean; Accessories: White Organdy Ribbon, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig





You probably thought I flaked out again, huh? Nope!! We were camping this weekend, and had no wireless this time. The kids had a great time once again. This was our second trip out with our dear friends Mark and Devene & family (they're the ones that gave us the final push on the camper idea!). It was a blast!! My only complaint is that the weekend went by way too fast. Our families are already looking ahead to this Friday as we'll head up to Mackinaw City together for four nights. From there my family is heading to Hubbard Lake to spend some time with my husband's family. (Lots of stamping time, and internet access!!)



One thing I've learned about trying to stamp while we're camping is that I have to have the idea of what I want to do before we go. I did that when Scott and I stayed in Midland and got 50 swaps done, only needing to be assembled. This weekend I took way too much...wait a minute, did I say that??? I didn't end up doing any of them. Instead, I worked on those swaps from a couple of weeks ago.



My goal this week is to come up with swap designs and take them with me to work on, and to get going on my sister's wedding invitations. (Luckily, she only needs 45!) Anyone want to come help me??

4 comments:

Devene said...

OHHHH, don't mention swaps. I still have no clue what I am going to do!!! So I can't promise I will be any help to you, but I will stamp with you (kid permitting) this weekend!

I can't wait for FOUR DAYS of camping!

Anonymous said...

Wow, this does look nice. I'm in love with Baroque Motifs. I think it would look good in any color.

We're headed to the cabin for a 4-day weekend this weekend. It's the Annual Irons (that's our city) Flea Roast Ox Market. No, that's not a type-o. Can't wait to get some fresh air but I have no room to pack stamping supplies. :-(

Mark's Finest Papers said...

I love the card, and Cool Caribbean is one of my favorite colors! LOL!

Corie said...

Love this with the cool caribbean. So sad it is retiring