Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Chocolate & Celery & T-Ball...Oh My!

Finally...back to doing some splitcoast challenges!! This had to be a quick one to get it in before Kyle's t-ball game tonight. The challenge was to use chocolate chip, cameo coral, certainly celery, and the fourth color of tempting turquoise.


When I decided to use Zoofari I immediately thought of the mesh cuttlebug folder. It reminded me of rhino skin- not that I've ever seen rhino skin close up, but it's what I perceive rhino skin looks like. Anyway, I digress. The rhino is watercolored and cut out. The sentiment is from the new Hugs & Wishes set. I also used the small ice rhinestone brad to attach the ribbon piece. I still thought it needed a little something so I added a small triangle to the back of the coral panel, folded it over, and attached it with a vintage brad. To finish it off I sponged a little going gray under the rhino for shadowing.


Stamps: Zoofari, Hugs & Wishes, Card Stock: Chocolate Chip, Cameo Coral, Certainly Celery, Tempting Turquoise, Watercolor; Ink: Chocolate Chip, Going Gray, Timber Brown Staz On; Accessories: Cuttlebug Mesh Folder, Ice Square Brad, Celery Grosgrain Ribbon, Tag Punch, Vintage Brad, WWC, Aquapainter, Tag Corner Punch
And, to share a highlight from tonight...here's a picture from Kyle's game. We were so proud of him. In t-ball the kids get a chance to hit three pitches, and then, if needed, they go to the tee. Kyle hit a pitch on his first two at-bats, only needing the tee on his third, and that was after fouling a pitch three times.
In this picture he hit the first pitch into the grass out of the infield. He was so excited. We were happy to be able to share it with both sets of grandparents who made the drive to see the game tonight. WAY TO GO KYLE!!!



No comments: