Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Bad stuff & they're taking my Autumn Leaf Prints!



I had high hopes of happy stamping when I got home from work today, but those happy thoughts came crashing down! I hate bad stuff! I especially hate bad stuff regarding $$!! Sorry if this gets long, but I need to vent!

We've had renters in our old house for the past nine months. They had a signed agreement to buy the house, their retirement home, as soon as they could secure their financing. But, today we got their rent check with a note that says they'll no longer be buying the house since they're decided to get divorced instead! Aaaggghhh!! That means two mortgage payments again, and we just can't afford that. Don't forget that on top of it we just bought a camper last month. Looks like I need to kick my SU! business up a notch!

The kids could tell I was upset when I got home from work. Kyle told me I looked bored and asked what was wrong. I told him I was sad about money, and we had to be very careful how we spend it right now. Jessie, the three year-old, told me that we could sell two of her babies. A little while later she came up to me with a handful of change and handed it to me. She said, "You like it mama? You can have it. Now you have money so we can still go camping!" What do you say to that??

And, so I decided to stamp a card for today's color challenge. Since I was in a somber mood anyway I went for Autumn Leaf Prints, my favorite retiring set. I refuse to part with this one! The color challenge was to use Creamy Caramel, Barely Banana, and Real Red. The leaves in the background are stamped off in caramel and banana. I used the color spritzer tool and real red marker over the maple leaf image. I thought I'd keep the red somewhat subtle so I only used it in the spritzer, an eyelet and some ribbon. I made this one for Scott. He's feeling the pressure too. Send some good thoughts, vibes, karma, or whatever else our way! And, if any one's looking to buy a house in Perry, MI.......

Stamps: Autumn Leaf Prints, Holidays & Wishes, Canvas; Card Stock: Creamy Caramel, Barely Banana; Ink: Creamy Caramel, Barely Banana; Accessories: Color Spritzer Tool, Real Red Marker, Crafters Tool Kit, Red Eyelet, Red Grosgrain Ribbon, Spiral Punch, Ticket Corner Punch

3 comments:

Shell said...

The card is beautiful, Kathy!! I love the effect of the punch on the side. Oh ... and I hate the thought of losing that set, too. :(


I'm sorry about the money situation. I feel your pain. {{{hugs}}} sweetie!

Devene said...

Oh, Kath!! I am SO sorry to hear about the Perry house!!! Well have to sell SU crafts and products at the side of the road on the campground with a sign that says, "Will stamp for camp fees".

Anonymous said...

I love Autumn Leaf Prints, too. It's a classic.

God will provide. He has a plan with the house situation.

In the meantime, buy a used copy of "The Tightwad Gazette" on Amazon or e-bay. It saved my life as a broke single mother. {{{HUGS}}}