Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Baby Wipe Technique



First of all...sorry for the quality of the scan on this one! My camera battery is charging so I wasn't able to use it. This was a fun technique that we'll be doing with my club in the very near future (sneak peak ladies!!) This card was actually not supposed to be a card at all. I made another "stamp pad" and did a card, and then decided to stamp Autumn Leaf Prints (have I mentioned it's my favorite retiring set?) to use up the rest.

What you can't really see in the scan is that the whole thing is on a bashful blue card. The navy strip at the top is spritzed with water, scrunched up, and then flattened back out. I added some navy grosgrain with a piece from the aged copper hodgepodge hardware. The two focal leaves and cut out and mounted on dimensionals. I'm actually pretty fond of the way this one turned out. Hope you do to.

Stamps: Autumn Leaf Prints, Warmest Regards; Card Stock: Bashful Blue, Night of Navy, Very Vanilla, Whisper White; Ink: Night of Navy; Accessories: Reinkers (Night of Navy, Bashful Blue, Barely Banana, Silver Encore), Color Spritzer Tool, Night of Navy Marker, Navy Grosgrain Ribbon, Aged Copper Hodgepodge Hardware, Dimensionals.

3 comments:

Devene said...

COOL card! I haven't used this technique in forever!!

Corie said...

I found your site through SCS. Love everything.


Beautiful card, love the colors for the leaves. It is a nice change from the typical fall colors. Great Job!!

Shell said...

Oooh! I like it! Those are cool colors to use with that set. I wouldn't have thought of those, but they look so good.