Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Wild About Paisley


I told you I had a slight addiction to Polka Dots & Paisley's paisley stamp and the white gel pen!
I didn't have a chance to stamp at all last night. Jessie went to spend a few days with Grandma and Papa, so I thought I may get some things done. But, instead I ended up spending my evening as Will Turner trying to maneuver my way through Port Royal with Kyle as Jack Sparrow on his new PS2 game. Oh well, maybe tonight....or tomorrow if we're snowed in!


This was the card I made for Robbie's Birthday. (Those of you that know me already know that the card was really made for Devene.) I really liked the way it turned out. The paisleys are stamped with pumpkin pie ink in order to contrast a bit from the more mustard card stock. The faux linen is comprised of creamy caramel, more mustard, and pumpkin pie ink. As it was, I found my spool of mustard grosgrain to be missing. I substituted the hemp twine instead, and I'm glad I did. On a side note, my black grosgrain came missing about a week later. So, I asked Jessie (my 3 year-old) if she knew where mommy's ribbon went. She told me that she took it because she needed it. Of course she couldn't remember where she put it, and later told me, "Way way sorry mommy, looked everywhere, can't find it anywhere!". And, I still haven't found it!


Stamps: Wild About You, Polka Dots & Paisley, Viola; Card Stock: More Mustard, Really Rust, Chocolate Chip, Glossy White; Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Creamy Caramel, More Mustard, Really Rust, Chocolate Chip; Accessories: White Gel Pen, Paper Piercing Tool, Hodgepodge Hardware, Tag Punch, Grosgrain Ribbon, Hemp Twine, Sandpaper, Sponges; Techniques: Faux Stitching, Faux Linen

No comments: