Sunday, April 15, 2007

More Butterflies

Well, my good intent to stamp something new today didn't come to fruition. But, nonetheless, we got a lot done around the house today. We bought a new computer desk and some storage cubes from Target for Kyle's room. Of course they're the kind that come in many many pieces with directions that don't seem to actually go with the product. So, there was the afternoon.

I can't wait for Kyle to see his new room. (He comes back from the farm tonight.) All his Star Wars toys...and boy, does he have Star Wars toys, are now all in his room. My family room no longer looks like a Jedi training center. My husband Scott doesn't want to leave Kyle's room now since he thinks it's the "coolest" room in the house. He said he wished our room was as cool. Keep dreaming young Skywalker!

Here is another card I stamped for the Inspiration Challenge 71 on SCS last night. I like how this one turned out. By the time I finished it I had to scan it since it was too dark in the house to get a decent picture. The scan kinda did some funky stuff to the colors. The ribbon is actually chocolate brown and does coordinate (unlike the eggplant look that it appears to be.

I used four different patterns of non-SU paper (shhh....don't tell Shelli!) for the background and each of the butterflies. The really rust tabs on the side have a suede look that I love. I followed the directions from Julie Buhler's awesome blog. The paper was spritzed with water, then crumbled, flattened back out, and sponged with really rust and chocolate chip. I felt like it needed a bit more texture in the end, so I frayed some grosgrain ribbon to put behind the hodgepodge hardware.

Stamps: Flitting By Jumbo Wheel, Warm Words, French Script; Card Stock: Always Artichoke, Chocolate Chip, Really Rust; Ink: Chocolate Chip, Really Rust; Accessories: Hodgepodge Hardware, Word Window Punch, Grosgrain Ribbon; Techniques: Faux Suede, Frayed Ribbon

No comments: