Saturday, April 14, 2007

Saturday Inspiration Challenge


I made this card for the Saturday Inspiration Challenge (IC71) on SCS. The inspiration piece given was from a Fruit of the Loom ad. Looking through the posts, you can find all kinds of butterflies. Luckily I hadn't parted with my retired Sketch An Event set.

First I stamped the butterflies in versamark and then embossed with white embossing powder on vellum card stock. From the back I used the paper piercing tool to outline the wings where they were embossed. On the back of the vellum I colored the wings with watercolor wonder crayons first and then with metallic pencils. The bodies of the butterflies and the spots on the wings are colored on the back side also using a silver sharpie marker. The sentiment is stamped on the front using staz on.

The background for the vellum is a piece of whisper white card stock stamped with the fern from In Full Bloom using true thyme ink. I colored them in with metallic pencils. Eyelets were set, and then the piece was mounted on a true thyme layer. Finally I stamped the small butterflies from Beyond the Basics with bashful blue on the same color card stock. The last touch is a small blue gingham ribbon.

It's been fun being able to participate in these challenges the last couple of days! I usually don't get the time.

Stamps: Sketch An Event, In Full Bloom, All Year Cheer I, Beyond the Basics; Card Stock: Bashful Blue, True Thyme, Whisper White, Vellum; Ink: Versamark, Black Staz On, True Thyme, Bashful Blue; Accessories: White Embossing Powder, Watercolor Wonder Crayons, Metallic Pencils, Silver Sharpie Marker, Eyelets, Blue Gingham Ribbon; Techniques: Masking, Heat Embossing

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is really beautiful! I love how you embossed the butterflies and added the layer underneath.

Allison Rankin said...

This looks terrific...great job on the challenge!