Wednesday, April 25, 2007

No Time to Stamp!


Well, the best of intentions didn't pan out the last two nights. I had to work last night, and got home just in time to put the kids in bed. Tonight one thing led to another, and I never made it to my stamp room. Maybe I'll have better luck tomorrow.

This is a card I made earlier this year for my sister-in-law's birthday. It's one that I particularly like, so I thought I'd share it with you.

Flannel plaid is stamped on the base card before the paisleys. I used the white gel pen to add the dots to the paisleys (of course). Linen is stamped in apricot appeal under "Happy Birthday". The main image was distressed and then bravo burgundy was sponged on the edges. I used the paper piercing tool from the crafter's tool kit to finish off the corners of the artichoke layer. I decided to finish it off with the ribbon and aged brass hodgepodge hardware. I hope you like it.

Stamps: Flannel Plaid, Linen, Polka Dots & Paisley, Warmest Regards; Card Stock: Bravo Burgundy, Apricot Appeal, Always Artichoke; Ink: Bravo Burgundy, Apricot Appeal; Accessories: Markers, White Gel Pen, Hodgepodge Hardware, Burgundy & Apricot Grosgrain Ribbon, Crafter's Tool Kit, Sponge; Technique: Distressing

1 comment:

Devene said...

No time to stamp.... ohhhh, that makes me sad :-( There's always the weekend!!! YIPPPEEEE