Tuesday, April 17, 2007

(not so) Cool Caribben



Today's color combo challenge on SCS listed two choices. I chose Cool Caribbean, Basic Black, and White. I thought I would give this a try because I rarely use Cool Caribbean (don't hate me!). In fact, I still have card stock from the first assortment pack I bought with the new catalog last July. To me these challenges are about about trying different things...(but I don't know that I'll be trying this one again!).

I stamped Paisley background on whisper white first, and then stamped French Script in black over it. I distressed the edge with my craft and rubber scissors. The flower is from In Full Bloom, stamped on glossy white with black Staz On. I then used the metallic resist technique (colored in with metallic pencils, brayered with cool caribbean, and then wiped off the excess). I crumbled a small piece of cool caribbean and then stamped the sentiment. The flower is cut out (obviously) and mounted with dimensionals.

Stamps: In Full Bloom, Paisley, French Script; Card Stock: Cool Caribbean, Whisper White, Glossy White, Basic Black; Ink: Cool Caribbean, Basic Black, Black Staz On; Accessories: Metallic Pencils, Foam Brayer, Hodgepodge Hardware, Black Grosgrain, White Gel Pen; Technique: Metallic Pencil Resist

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow is that cute Kath! I was determied to do today's challenge too but alas, I have only had time to dream about my stamps today...